Import, then swap.
The following steps will allow you to upgrade 3DBI visuals in existing Microsoft® Power BI® dashboards:
- Open your existing dashboard.
- Press the “Get more visuals” button and then hit “Import a visual from a file”.
- Navigate to the directory where the newest verison of the 3DBI visual is located. This is the only file with a .pbiviz extension that is located in the same folder as where the shipped templates are installed. Once located, select it and hit the “Open” button.
- This will import the visual into the dashboard but it will not automatically upgrade all visuals based on this visual. In order to upgrade each visual:
- Select your instance of the 3DBI visual that is placed on your dashboard, transform it into a table and then retransform it back into a 3DBI visual. This should upgrade the instance without loosing previous settings.