3DBI for Revit
Visualize your 3D Autodesk® Revit® model and data in Microsoft® Power BI®.
We have a brand new IFC to 3DBI converter tool ready for you.
With 3DBI for Revit you will be able to visualize both your Revit model geometry and data in Microsoft Power BI. This will allow you to finally have a clear view on the I in your BIM without compromising on spatial insight. Questions such as what is the total volume of concrete walls on level 1, or, what is the total area of office spaces in a specific zone, … and many other quantity based questions can be answered in a matter of clicks.
In a few more clicks, Power BI will also allow you to combine external data sources, such as Excel sheets, databases and webservices, with your BIM. Got an Excel sheet containing material unit prices? You can easily combine that information with the various quantities exported by 3DBI and immediatly see a cost per element, or a total cost for all elements in a specific query. Or, maybe you have a construction schedule, or, maintenance information, or, etc… As long as Power BI can load it in, you can combine that data with your BIM and create your own, custom insightful dashboards.
You do not have to wait for others to develop tools that combine different applications (or their data) you use in your daily workflow, you can use Microsoft Power BI for that. And, with 3DBI, you now have a tool to leverage all that Information by combining it with a 3D Building Model, allowing you to do self-service BIM.
- File based: exporting the data and generating the geometry suitable for Microsoft Power BI is done locally on your machine.
- Support for Revit linked models. Both the geometry and data of linked models is exported so that you can leverage all that information in Microsoft Power BI.
- Metadata is exported in an open, human-readable .json file. This means that the same data export can also be used in other software packages able to read and interpret .json files, such as Microsoft Excel.
- Both rooms and spaces can be exported as separate 3d objects as well, to create abstract room based dashboards, for example to plot sensor data or maintenance schedules on room geometry.
- Unique ability to include static contextual geometry. Static geometry is always visible yet non-interactive and serves to provide context to abstract dashboards.
- Include Revit 3D Perspective views as preconfigured camera locations (scenes)
- + all unique features that come with the custom 3D visual for Power BI, such as: ghost object opacity control, shadows, camera FOV, and many more.
We support Revit versions back to 2018.
What others are saying about 3DBI
Free trials are perfect to give the toolchain a try and allows you to use the Software for non-commercial purposes.
Please use 3DBI-REVIT-TRIAL-14DAYS as your activation code to start your free 14-day trial period.
An individual license is ideal for individuals that want to gain deep insight in their Revit model and its data, or, alternatively, want to add spatial insight to the data they already have in Power BI. An individual license grants 1 user to use both the Creator (3DBI for Revit) and Viewer on up to 2 devices, for 365 days.
An educational is intended for students, teachers and researchers that want to add spatial insight to their data in Power BI. An educational license grants 1 user to use both the Creator (3DBI for Revit) and Viewer on 1 device, for 365 days, for non-commercial purposes.
An enterprise license covers the usage of the Viewer by an unlimited number of users within your company. Depending on the chosen pack it also grants a limited number of company users to use the Creator tool (3DBI for Revit). Each pack allows access to the Software for 365 days.
A Royalty-Free Redistribution (RFR) license is required when you want to grant other users, that are not covered by an individual or enterprise license, access to the Viewer in combination with your generated content (.3dbi files), whether in return for payment or free of charge. Just like an Enterprise license it also allows to use the Viewer by an unlimited number of company users and it also comes in different pack sizes to cover a limited number of users to use the Creator tool (3DBI for Revit). Each pack allows access to the Software for 365 days.
Rooms and Static Context
Demo showing an abstract model of which the rooms have been exported to 3DBI together with some environmental geometry to provide context to the dashboard. The rooms are colorized by and can be filtered on their type name.
Structural Quantity take-off
Demo showing a construction model being exported to Microsoft Power BI by using 3DBI. Elements are colorized by type and a table is showing various properties about the elements.
Demo showing an abstract model of which the rooms have been exported to 3DBI. Different properties such as the room’s level, area and perimeter are used to colorize and show/hide the room geometries.