3DBI for IFC
Visualize your IFC model and data in Microsoft® Power BI®.
With 3DBI for IFC you will be able to visualize both your IFC model geometry and data in Microsoft Power BI. This will allow you to finally have a clear view on the I in your BIM without compromising on spatial insight. Questions such as what is the total volume of concrete walls on level 1, or, what is the total area of office spaces in a specific zone, … and many other quantity based questions can be answered in a matter of clicks.
In a few more clicks, Power BI will also allow you to combine external data sources, such as Excel sheets, databases and webservices, with your BIM. Got an Excel sheet containing material unit prices? You can easily combine that information with the various quantities exported by 3DBI and immediatly see a cost per element, or a total cost for all elements in a specific query. Or, maybe you have a construction schedule, or, maintenance information, or, etc… As long as Power BI can load it in, you can combine that data with your BIM and create your own, custom insightful dashboards.
You do not have to wait for others to develop tools that combine different applications (or their data) you use in your daily workflow, you can use Microsoft Power BI for that. And, with 3DBI, you now have a tool to leverage all that Information by combining it with a 3D Building Model, allowing you to do self-service BIM.
- File based: exporting the data and generating the geometry suitable for Microsoft Power BI is done locally on your machine.
- Support for aspect model aggregation. 3DBI for IFC allows you to combine multiple IFC aspect models into one 3DBI visual.
- Metadata is exported in an open, human-readable .json file. This means that the same data export can also be used in other software packages able to read and interpret .json files, such as Microsoft Excel.
- Drag and drop: Simply drag and drop one or multiple IFC files onto the 3DBI for IFC executable to start the data extraction process.
- Since it is a command line application it can also be used in automation processes. All you have to do is call the executable together with the path to one or multiple IFC files to start the extraction process.
- + all unique features that come with the custom 3D visual for Power BI, such as: ghost object opacity control, shadows, camera FOV, and many more.
latest version: 1.1.5
Free trials are perfect to give the toolchain a try and allows you to use the Software for non-commercial purposes.
Please use 3DBI-IFC-TRIAL-30DAYS as your activation code to start your free 30-day trial period.
An individual license is ideal for individuals that want to gain deep insight in their IFC model and its data, or, alternatively, want to add spatial insight to the data they already have in Power BI. An individual license grants 1 user to use both the Creator (3DBI for IFC) and Viewer on up to 2 devices, for 365 days.
An enterprise license covers the usage of the Viewer by an unlimited number of users within your company. Depending on the chosen pack it also grants a limited number of company users to use the Creator tool (3DBI for IFC). Each pack allows access to the Software for 365 days.
A Royalty-Free Redistribution (RFR) license is required when you want to grant other users, that are not covered by an individual or enterprise license, access to the Viewer in combination with your generated content (.3dbi files), whether in return for payment or free of charge. Just like an Enterprise license it also allows to use the Viewer by an unlimited number of company users and it also comes in different pack sizes to cover a limited number of users to use the Creator tool (3DBI for IFC). Each pack allows access to the Software for 365 days.