3DBI for SketchUp
Visualize your 3D Trimble® SketchUp® model and data in Microsoft® Power BI®.
3D Microsoft Power BI dashboards.
3DBI is a custom 3D visual we created for Microsoft Power BI that will allow you to visualize your data in its spatial context. Use cases range from BIM (quantities, scheduling, …) to plotting IoT data (color and filter objects by temperature, humidity, co2-levels, occupancy, wear, …) as well as Warehousing (stock management, order picking, …) and Energy (plotting yield of solar panels or windmill farms) or any other sector where you might have a need for visualizing data in a 3d environment.
- File based: exporting the data and generating the geometry suitable for Microsoft Power BI is done locally on your machine.
- Metadata is exported in an open, human-readable .json file. This means that the same data export can also be used in other software packages able to read and interpret .json files, such as Microsoft Excel. 3DBI for SketchUp exports all quantities such as volumes and areas, as well as all IFC attributes attached to SketchUp components.
- Unique ability to include static contextual geometry. Static geometry is always visible yet non-interactive and serves to provide context to abstract dashboards. All objects exported without an ID will be treated as static geometry.
- Include scenes as preconfigured camera locations
- + all unique features that come with the custom 3D visual for Power BI, such as: ghost object opacity control, shadows, camera FOV, and many more.
3DBI, our custom 3D visual for Power BI is certified by Microsoft and can be found on Microsoft AppSource.
Let’s get started!
- Install the 3DBI for SketchUp extension directly from the extension warehouse.
- Activate your 14 day trial by using 3DBI-SKETCHUP-TRIAL-14DAYS as activation key when being prompted.
- Export your Sketchup models to Microsoft Power BI.
3DBI can be used for various use cases. The following tutorials should get your started with Warehouse Management, BIM, Facility Management and more….
Free trials are perfect to give the toolchain a try and allows you to use the Software for non-commercial purposes.
Please use 3DBI-SKETCHUP-TRIAL-14DAYS as your activation code to start your free 14-day trial period.
An educational is intended for students, teachers and researchers that want to add spatial insight to their data in Power BI. An educational license grants 1 user to use both the Creator (3DBI for SketchUp) and Viewer on 1 device, for 365 days, for non-commercial purposes.
An individual license is ideal for individuals that want to gain deep insight in their SketchUp model and its data, or, alternatively, want to add spatial insight to the data they already have in Power BI. An individual license grants 1 user to use both the Creator (3DBI for SketchUp) and Viewer on up to 2 devices, for 365 days.
For all inquiries related to your business needs, we kindly invite you to reach out to us via email.
BIM Material take-off breakdown by Level
Demo of an interactive BIM dashboard showing concrete (prefab vs in situ) take-off by level in an interactive 3D Power BI dashboard.
Our custom 3DBI visual for Power BI can display and colorize thousands of objects in the blink of an eye.
Link property information to abstract 3D models to gain immediat insight in your real estate.
With 3DBI we try to link any kind of data with any type of 3D model, so that spatial insight can be brought to those raw data fields. In this case we crafted an interactive dashboard out of both a 3D model and data of a port. In a single view you can filter and colorize containers by Carrier, Weight, Origin, Destination, … or just about any other data field you might have about your containers, and see the results in 3D.